California State University, Long Beach
Description of Program:
This program is for students who have completed their prerequisites at CSULB. Upon completion of the course of study, the student will be eligible for licensure to practice as a registered nurse, to become a certified public health nurse and to function as a professional nurse in a variety of settings.
Admission Requirements for the Department of Nursing:
· Grade of “C” or better in all prerequisite courses for a minimum GPA of 2.5
· Prerequisite Courses are the following: Chem. 202/Organic Chemistry and Chem. 302/Biochemistry (or a combined 5 unit Integrated Chemistry Course/Chem 140), Bio 207/Physiology, Bio 208/Anatomy, Micro 200, Quantitative Reasoning, Oral Communication, College Composition, and Critical Thinking course.
· Any course completed outside of CSULB must be evaluated for equivalency. They can be verified at
http://www.assist.org or in the nursing office.
- If equivalency cannot be verified, a course waiver must be obtained by
the student from the appropriate department.
- May have one course in progress at the time of application. Admission
is contingent upon receiving a grade of C or better. The GPA will
be calculated as a grade of C. Attach copy of enrollment.
· Completion of a TEAS Examination administered in the Department of Nursing. If you take (or have taken) the TEAS test elsewhere, please request that ATI Testing (www.atitesting.com) forward your test results to Cal State Long Beach.
· Official transcripts from all college level work.
Request an official copy of transcripts at least 4 weeks prior
to the application deadline and send to the Department of Nursing
(Attn: BSN Program)
Fall- February 15th Spring- September 15th
Applications may be gotten on-line at www.csulb.edu/depts/nursing
· Science Prerequisite GPA 4 points maximum
· GE Prerequisite GPA 2 points maximum
· TEAS Test Score 2 points maximum
· TEAS Math Score 2 point maximum
· Group counseling sessions are offered the third Wednesday of every month from 4:30 to 6:30 during fall and spring semesters.
Department of Nursing: (562) 985-5425
1250 Bellflower Blvd.
Long Beach, CA. 90840-0301
Attn: BSN Program