I generally get letters of recommendation out within a week, unless
you tell me you need it sooner.
To ask for a letter of recommendation, please include the following
information in your email to me:
1) What is the name that you went by when you took my class?
2) In what school was the class?
3) What semester did you take my class?
4) What was your grade?
5) What career or program are you trying for?
6) If you have one, attach a resume or just tell me in the email about any
patient contact you have had or anything else you wish me to know.
7) Check with each program you are applying to, and ask them how they want
the letters submitted.
8) Most programs send me a link that takes me to a form to fill out and
attach a letter.
If that is the case, they will want you to give them my
address and phone number before they send me the link.
Just use the school's address and phone number
Use this for my email address:
3390 Harbor Blvd, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Coastline Community College
11460 Warner Ave, Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Mt San Antonio College
1100 N. Grand Ave, Walnut, CA 91789
28000 Marguerite Parkway, Mission Viejo, CA 92692
9) If the program wants you to download a form for me to fill out, you will need to download the form and
fill out the
waiver on the top part of the first page and sign it.
Then you scan it and email it to me
. I will fill it out at home and
I can give it back to you the next week if we are still on campus together.
If you want me to mail it to you instead, please provide a 6" x 9" clasp
envelope (picture below) and enough postage to get it to you.
10) If you need it to be directly mailed from me to the school, please send
me an addressed (to the school), stamped envelope. I have 500 students a year now, so
500 postage stamps a year adds up to a lot of money! You
can send it to any school where I am working that semester...ask me
first....put my name and the Department on it and it will
go to my school mailbox, where I will get it the next time I am at
that school (let me know you are sending it there so I know to look for it).
If I will not be at that campus soon enough, let me know and I will give you my home